December 25, 2020

One year of the blog

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone! I hope you are spending your holidays in the best possible way.

A year has passed (December 22nd) since I posted the first entry to this blog, a filmography of the series, the first iteration of which I compiled on my long-since discarded PC about nine years ago. I kept that post offline for most of the time until January 3rd, making small changes on the way, so maybe that should be seen as the true birthday for the blog. However, let's keep the blog's inception out of 2020, it was bad enough already!

Although 2020 really was nasty (and we still have six more days) on the whole, when it comes to Pat and Mat, for me it was truly extraordinary. I got to open up this blog and connect with fans of the series around the world, but also got the chance to communicate with (and even meet some) people whose work on the series I've long admired. As such, I can only wish more of the same in the next year. I have some things in the locker for all of you as well and hopefully, some will come out soon.

Let's take a look at a couple of stats for the blog. Here is the overall view count... currently at 44K and still going!


Pat and Mat are popular all over the world, so it's only natural that the blog will also have visitors from different cities, areas, countries, even continents. Which country has the worst handymen in the world? Poland. I'm kidding, of course. The fandom in Poland makes up for almost half of the pageviews alone. This is an expected result of different factors: a huge fanbase for the series, Poland being a large country, but also being home to some dedicated readers and friends of the blog. Next up is Czechia, the home of the series, then the Netherlands (another huge fanbase) and then the US. I presume Croatia's position is somewhat skewed as the blog often unintentionally counts my own views and I've also sent links to the blog to several friends. The only surprise is Portugal, where I seem to have a super fan as well. The list is continued by Saudi Arabia, Germany, Slovenia...



Back when I could still see all pageviews in a day (another feature Blogger has degraded), there were some real peculiar and exciting countries to prop up from time to time, like Brazil and Argentina, India, China (is it someone from Steamworks?!), Zimbabwe and the United Arab Emirates. It's a real honor to be able to reach so many different people. I hope you have liked what you have seen so far and let's all hope for many happy returns!

11 comments:

  1. Well its been a year I hope this blog keeps active for more years to come, I think that a big part of the sites traffic being from Poland can be attributed to Rakso 98 Dark but its really great that someone has made a whole blog dedicated to Pat & Mat. As for Pat & Mat related things I bought 5 Pat & Mat VCDs from Hong Kong released by AIF Asia and Elite, however I had to cancel the order as it turned out to be out of stock. Though I don't think anything really of value was lost as they seemed to be just a Cantonese version of the Korean VHS'/DVDs, but the did feature some Pat & Mat games on the discs that I was curious about. Also I found out that Pat & Mat: The Game was going to be released on the Nintendo DS and Xbox 360, along with finding beta screenshots of the PC version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, Rakso and the gang. There was also an attempt to buy an early Korean DVD by aiF Asia (it most likely has better copies of aiF episodes), but it never came to be due to the DVD being out of stock and seemingly nowhere to be found.

      Delete
    2. For the record here are the listings
      Volume #1: https://www.yesasia.com/us/pat-mat-ep-1-hong-kong-version/1004528888-0-0-0-en/info.html
      Volume #2: https://www.yesasia.com/us/pat-mat-ep-2-hong-kong-version/1004528886-0-0-0-en/info.html
      Volume #3: https://www.yesasia.com/us/pat-mat-ep-3-hong-kong-version/1004528891-0-0-0-en/info.html
      Volume #4: https://www.yesasia.com/us/pat-mat-ep-4-hong-kong-version/1004528893-0-0-0-en/info.html
      Volume #5: https://www.yesasia.com/us/pat-mat-ep-5-hong-kong-version/1004528890-0-0-0-en/info.html

      I don't think there's anything outstanding on those VCDs, Karty was extremely likely not included as these supposedly came out in 2006 the same website also had listing for Korean Pat & Mat DVDs that are unavailable too. Other than that I'm currently making a video on those Pat & Mat: The Game screenshots.

      Delete
    3. There are as many as four fandoms about Pat & Mat in Poland! (Sąsiedzi wiki, Pat i Mat wiki, Sąsiedzi Pat i Mat wiki and Pat i Mat Fan-Made wiki).

      Delete
    4. I found a preview with information about scrapped missions.

      Delete
    5. Where did you find any mention of the DS and Xbox 360 versions of the game?

      Delete
    6. Here: https://www.gamepressure.com/games/pat-mat-the-game/z823ba There are also other websites that mention these versions of the game, apparently the Nintendo DS version would've put an enthesis on mini-games and been more casual.

      Delete
    7. Also here's the video itself, I finally completed it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTY6udHIVx4

      Delete
  2. Here:
    https://games.tiscali.cz/preview/pat-a-mat-preview-229385

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am a pole and i love your blog, i eagerly wait for the next post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on one year of the blog! I haven't been here in ages to be honest, but I'm glad to see you're still at it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and manually approved.